Innovative start-ups and SMEs who are using AI to create Intelligent infrastructure, solving street parking problems and predicting occupancy and performance of public transport, are amongst a new cohort of businesses joining the Intelligent Mobility (IM) Accelerator in Milton Keynes.
The IM Accelerator is a partnership between ITS (UK) Executive Member Connected Places Catapult and Wayra UK, the world-leading start-up accelerator that is part of Telefónica Open Future, based in Milton Keynes. The programme is designed to attract disruptive start-ups with high-growth potential into the UK transport industry, helping them grow into world-leading companies.
The programme is also supported by Hyundai, Stagecoach Group and Ferrovial Services, who will all provide support to start-ups at the Accelerator, including mentoring, coaching, and access to their high-level expertise and networks.
The programme’s goal is to develop companies who will create solutions for the most pressing transport problems facing the world today, improving day-to-day life for millions of travellers while creating new UK-based industry leaders in a £1.4bn global transport systems market. The new cohort includes
- Liftshare: the original online network for people wanting to share their cars
- Xtelligent: Xtelligent are building the connected, automated, and multimodal intersections of the future
- Ai Incube (Parknav): Provides real-time data about street-parking availability
- Podaris Ltd: a real-time online collaboration platform for planners, engineers, policymakers, and public stakeholders
- Alchera Technologies: Alchera’s cloud-based AI software, Alpha, powers enterprise-grade intelligent mobility and Intelligent infrastructure applications.
- OpenCapacity: A system to collect, analyse, predict and display the occupancy, accessibility and performance of public transport.
- Grid Smarter Cities: A smart city eco-system of smart but simple solutions, connecting communities and people with transport, parking, goods and services.
- Briteyellow Ltd: A 3D interactive and wireless internet software and services provider.
- Minicabit: A taxi cab comparison site for the UK, that lets you grab great deals across 300 UK locations.
- Protean Electric: A world leader of in-wheel motor technology for passenger cars, light commercial vehicles and future transport solutions
- Tomorrow’s Journey: The JRNY platform aims to solve a fundamental problem of both old and new mobility – chronic underutilisation.
Connected Places Catapult SME Director Alex Weedon said, “We are very excited to welcome such a diverse group of promising businesses to the IM Accelerator. We had a large number of quality applications which allowed our judges to choose a group which really represents the scope and ambition of the thriving SME and Start-up community currently working in transport in the UK. Building on the success of previous participants who have so far raised nearly £12M in investment, we’ll be aiming to put these businesses on the map globally and I believe we have a great group of partners for this intake to help them get there.”