- Join your organisation’s voice to those working to raise the profile of ITS with Government and other decision makers. We work to bring the benefits that ITS can offer in terms of economic efficiency, transport safety, and environmental benefits to the United Kingdom – and at the same time expand the ITS market.
- We are the UK’s Intelligent Transport Systems (ITS) Society where you can meet the other UK players on the ITS scene.
- We are an Information Exchange through our events, publications and weekly email updates.
- You will have the opportunity to join in any of the ITS United Kingdom Task Forces and Interest Groups. Currently active are (lead organisation in brackets): Freight (AECOM); Enforcement (Jenoptik); Public Transport (Hogia); Local Authority/Urban ITS (SGTI); Automotive User (Coventry University); Smart Environment (Newcastle University), Communications (TAN), Inclusive Mobility (University of Leeds), Security (Aberdeen University), Women in ITS (CH2M), Young Professionals in ITS (Arup), Connected Vehicles (White Willow), and Road User Charging (Wyeval Ltd). New Groups are set up as members direct.
- A special relationship with ERTICO (ITS Europe) and other national ITS bodies around the world. The ITS (UK) Secretariat offers a unique and easy route to international contacts.
These are just some examples:
- Government Departments – Department for Transport, Highways England
- Regional Government – Department for Infrastructure (Northern Ireland), Transport Scotland
- Local Authorities – Glasgow City Council, Norfolk County Council
- Passenger Transport Authorities – TfGM
- Universities – University of Southampton, University of Leeds
- System Suppliers – Dynniq, Siemens
- Consultants – Atkins, IBI
OUR DIFFERENT LEVELS OF MEMBERSHIP
This is open to not-for-profit, non-Government, membership associations in the UK, and to any organisation which does not have a UK base.
Cost: £450.00 per year + tax as appropriate Membership application form
This entitles all employees of the member company or organisation to participate in ITS United Kingdom events and activities. Information can be sent to any reasonable number of staff at any reasonable number of locations.
Cost: Corporate Membership is £1,500.00 per year (Local Authorities and national Government Transport Departments £1,350.00 per year) plus VAT where applicable Membership application form
This is the same as Corporate Membership but a lower fee applies to organisations employing directly less than five full time staff or equivalent, and with a turnover as reported to Companies House of less than £400,000 per annum.
Cost: £880.00 per year + VAT Membership application form
The service provided is the same as for Corporate Membership but the organisation must be a company or a sole trader employing directly less than five full time staff or equivalent, and with a turnover of less than £400,000 per annum. It is also restricted to entitites registered with Companies House or HMRC less than two years prior to applying to join ITS (UK). Start-up membership can be held for a maximum of two years.
Cost: £450.00 per annum + VAT Membership application form
The Foundation members form the Council of ITS United Kingdom, which determines the strategy and activities of the Society. The Chair and Vice Chair of ITS United Kingdom are elected by Council from its own ranks.
Foundation Members enjoy additional discounts at events and are given priority where places are restricted, such as trade missions and other Government events. Information can be sent to any reasonable number of staff at any reasonable number of locations.
Cost: Foundation Membership is £2,850.00 per year (Local Authorities and national Government Transport Departments £2,700.00 per year) plus VAT where applicable Membership application form
This is free to Students enrolled at our Member Universities – Leeds, Southampton, Derby, Newcastle, Aberdeen, Coventry and Imperial College. Certain Swedish and Maltese students also qualify for free membership due to agreements with ITS Sweden and ITS Malta. A small fee applies to others.
For the Student Membership form 2016/17 click here.