Chairman: Andrew Pearce, Jacobs Vice Chairs: John Paddington, Transport for West Midlands & Andy Taylor, Cubic
This Forum session explored the public sector challenges surrounding MaaS.
Cubic MaaS white paper finding and a global update Chris Queree – CEN Technical Report on Distribution APIs for MaaS PANEL SESSION – Public sector challenges deploying MaaS – Jacqui Elliot (Kent County Council), Chris Hillcoat (Solent) and Ranald Robertson (Hitrans)
The Forum hosted a webinar led by Andy Taylor of Cubic (Vice Chair) and Jenny Milne (JLM) who gave an international MaaS update.
9th July, London (Joint Meeting with the Public Transport Forum)
Presentations and Papers:
Our members Cubic hosted this joint meeting in London where we had a MaaS update from the UK and Europe, followed by a session led by the DfT –
Bus Open Data Consultation and the use of NetEx –
Presentations from the Maas Training event on 27 March 2019
Representatives of the CONTACT group came together to create a specialist MaaS training event to help local authorities, to really understand ‘the nuts and bolts’ of how to implement MaaS in a specific area. This event has been made possible through sponsorship from Innovate UK & Jacobs. Multiple streams covered different topics and elements of MaaS.
The topics that were covered include –
Governance & Contractual
Economics & Business models
Safety, Behaviour and Social factor
Presentations from meeting on 28 Feb 2018
- GO NaviGoGo, Scotland’s first MaaS Pilot – David Smith, ESP Group
- Championing Openess in Mobility – James Gleave, Travelspirit Foundation
Presentations from meeting on 28 March 2017
- The launch of the ITS (UK) Mobility as a Service Interest Group – Andrew Pearce, Jacobs, Chairman of the MaaSIG
- MaaS: The Building Blocks to Get a Solution – Andy Taylor, Cubic
- An introduction to TravelSpirit – Giles Bailey, TravelSpirit
- MaaS and Road User Charging – Keith Mortimer, Wyeval Consulting
- Travel, the environment and MaaS – Professor Margaret Bell, Newcastle University
- Importance of Data to enable MaaS – Johan Herrlin, ITO World Ltd
Read the Group’s response to the Transport Select Committee’s MaaS inquiry (closed 22 December 2017) here
- The next meeting of the Forum – TBD. If you wish to suggest content or would like to speak at a future meeting then suggestions are always welcome. Please contact Rukshan for further details.
- The most recent meeting of the Forum was a joint meeting with the Public Transport Forum was kindly hosted by Cubic on 9 July 2019. Please see below for the available presentations.