- This event has passed.
Workshop 2 – What data do Local Authorities have access to which could help meet identified transport challenges?
September 2 @ 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm
This is the second in a series of three workshops organised by ITS (UK) and supported by the TTF and the DfT:
14.00 – 15.00 on 19 August Workshop 1 – What transport challenges and policy goals can Local Authorities meet wholly or partly with data?
14.00 – 15.00 on 2 September Workshop 2 – What data do Local Authorities have access to which could help meet identified transport challenges?
15.30 – 16.30 16 September Workshop 3 – New ideas for using data to improve Local Authority road and transport provision
- Review pre-reported datasets, add new ones as they come up, talk about which ones are most common and reasons why some are rare. If it proves relevant, discuss the buying in of data.
- Discuss issues such as format, quality, latency, storage, security, GDPR etc
- Discuss what may be undiscovered as yet but would be useful
- Discuss working with third party data resusers – app developers and the like. How / where should they access local authority data?
- A list of commonly available datasets with some details about them including common problems, and matched to challenges and policy objectives these datasets can help with.
- A note on best practise in working in partnerships with others to reuse data for outcomes beneficial to the authority / its citizens.
We urge everybody with an interest in using data to solve local transport challenges to contribute. It is particularly important to us to hear from authorities which do not consider themselves at the cutting edge of this: we need to build an accurate picture for DfT of the situation rather than just record what the best resourced / larger / most innovative authorities are doing.