Another ISO Accreditation for MVIS/Bartco
ITS solution providers, MVIS and Bartco UK, have further cemented their reputation for quality service, becoming two of the first companies in the sector to achieve the 45001:2018 accreditation for ISO Health and Safety management.
The new certification joins existing accreditations ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management and ISO 14001:2015 Environmental Management, and enables the companies to further support the ITS supply chain, as ISO registration is an important qualification for transport management firms in the tendering process.
The accreditations are part of the companies’ ongoing quest for further improvements in quality and efficiency across all aspects of the business.
The companies were audited by NQA, in a process which included comprehensive site visits, involving checking that documented procedures were followed through, such as ensuring:
- The team completes daily checks on units and vehicles prior to leaving the compound.
- The team rings the site traffic safety control officer (TSCO) in advance of arrival and checks that it is safe to do so.
- Full personal protective equipment (PPE) and traffic management is used, as appropriate for the road speed.
- The team observes paperwork and risk assessments completed by the delivery team prior to starting any deployment.
- Deployment on site is done in a safe manner and all site rules are adhered to.
- Driving is safe and driving laws followed.
- Any issues are reported back to the operations office-based team and if appropriate escalated to senior management.
- The site TSCO is consulted to check that the team receive inductions and adhere to site rules.
- The team advise when they leave site so the TSCO knows that works have been completed.
Completion of the three ISO standards means that MVIS and Bartco UK now have full Integrated Management Systems.
For MVIS & Bartco UK, it’s yet another ‘tick’ in the box for any potential client and a big ‘yes’ when they ask themselves: do we know what we’re getting with MVIS/Bartco UK?
Anne Ashman, general manager of MVIS said: “Earning this accreditation means we now have a recognised fully integrated management system, as well as a stamp of approval that we work in a quality manner, with health & safety as a priority and prevalence as well as working in an environmental way.
“The company culture and values revolve around quality and service, and the 45001 accreditation is another undeniable display that we drive our values through our operations every day.”