Friday, 22nd May 2015 - 11:00
ITS United Kingdom elects new Chairman and Vice Chairman
ITS United Kingdom, the Intelligent Transport Systems association for the UK, held its 2015 AGM in Milton Keynes as the guests of ITS (UK) Foundation Members the Transport Systems Catapult on 19 May. Having completed the customary two-year term, Sharon Kindleysides of Kapsch stepped down as Chairman. Dr Alan Stevens of TRL was elected as the new Chairman and Ian Patey of Mouchel was elected as Vice Chairman.
One new Director was also elected: Fraser Somerville of Atkins as Technical Director.
The other Directors of ITS (UK) for 2015 / 2016 who continue in their posts are:
- International Director – Richard Harris, Xerox
- Finance Director – Gary Umpleby, Hogia
- Membership Director – Graeme Scott, IBI Group
- Communications Director – Giles Perkins, Mouchel
Dr Alan Stevens has been involved in ITS (UK) since its origins in 1992, including terms as Technical Director and Vice Chairman. Alan is Chief Research Scientist and Research Director, Transportation, at TRL having a particular interest in user interactions with technology. Alan commented "I am honoured to become Chairman of this established and well respected organisation. ITS is now ‘business as usual’ in many areas of transportation but also has exciting growth potential is areas of connectivity and automation. I look forward to engaging with both the membership and the wider Intelligent Mobility community”.
Photo shows Eur Ing Sharon Kindleysides and Dr Alan Stevens
For further information, please contact:
+44(0)20 7709 3003
Notes to editors:
ITS UNITED KINGDOM, the UK association for the promotion of Intelligent Transport Systems (ITS), is a not-for-profit public/private sector association financed by members' subscriptions, and provides a forum for all organisations concerned with ITS. We work to bring the benefits that ITS can offer in terms of economic efficiency, transport safety, and environmental benefits to the United Kingdom - and at the same time expand the ITS market.
The membership, around 150 UK organisations, comprises Government Departments, Local Authorities, Police Forces, consultants, manufacturing and service companies, and academic and research institutions.
Members benefit from ITS United Kingdom activities including seminars, workshops and regular news dissemination. ITS United Kingdom encourages discussion on issues such as public/private co-operation, standards, legislation, information provision and new technology.
ITS (UK) News
- 25/04/17 ITS (UK) group launched to channel professional thinking into MaaS market
- 13/04/17 ITS United Kingdom announces 2017 award winners
- 12/04/17 First Round of Essay Awards to Apprentices by ITS United Kingdom
- 24/02/17 Technology Guide launched to benefit local authorities
- 07/12/16 ITS United Kingdom sets up Capabilities Working Group
- 30/11/16 Chief Scientific Adviser leads workshop for ITS United Kingdom young professionals