Monday, 20th May 2013 - 11:00
ITS United Kingdom elects new Chairman and Vice Chair for 2013/14
ITS United Kingdom, the Intelligent Transport Systems association for the UK, held its 2013 AGM in London on 15 May. Sharon Kindleysides of Kapsch and Dr Alan Stevens of TRL were elected as Chairman and Vice Chair respectively. The Directors of ITS (UK) for 2013 / 2014 are:
- Technical Director – Joanne Dodds, URS
- International Director – Richard Harris, Logica
- Finance Director – Gary Umpleby, Hogia
- Membership Director – Graeme Scott, IBI Group
- Communications Director – Giles Perkins, Mouchel
- Prof Eric Sampson CBE of Newcastle University continues as Ambassador for ITS (UK).
Sharon Kindleysides heads up Kapsch’s UK office and is one of the UK’s leading road tolling experts. She served as Vice Chairman of ITS (UK) 2011-13. On being elected, Sharon commented “"I am delighted to have been elected to Chairman of ITS (UK) amd am looking forward to the challenges ahead, in particular explaining and demonstraing how ITS can bring tangible benefits to the lives of the travelling public whilst helping transport bodies save money and do "More with Less".”
Photo shows Sharon Kindleysides and Dr Alan Stevens
For further information, please contact:
+44(0)20 7709 3003
Notes to editors:
ITS UNITED KINGDOM, the UK association for the promotion of Intelligent Transport Systems (ITS), is a not-for-profit public/private sector association financed by members' subscriptions, and provides a forum for all organisations concerned with ITS. We work to bring the benefits that ITS can offer in terms of economic efficiency, transport safety, and environmental benefits to the United Kingdom - and at the same time expand the ITS market.
The membership, over 150 UK organisations, comprises Government Departments, Local Authorities, Police Forces, consultants, manufacturing and service companies, and academic and research institutions.
Members benefit from ITS United Kingdom activities including seminars, workshops and regular news dissemination. ITS United Kingdom encourages discussion on issues such as public/private co-operation, standards, legislation, information provision and new technology.
ITS (UK) News
- 24/02/17 Technology Guide launched to benefit local authorities
- 07/12/16 ITS United Kingdom sets up Capabilities Working Group
- 30/11/16 Chief Scientific Adviser leads workshop for ITS United Kingdom young professionals
- 14/10/16 ITS World Congress celebrates innovation in the industry, awarding Transurban the annual Diversity Award