Monday, 8th August 2016 - 12:05
ITS (UK) Student and Apprentice Essay Award 2016 is now open for entries
Entries are invited for the annual ITS (UK) awards for students and apprentices. The awards, which were launched in 2001, and relaunched in 2015, were set up to encourage interest and participation in the development of ITS technologies.
Write an essay on the topic of:
How can future applications of ITS (Intelligent Transport Systems) improve the surface transport system for the user?
The awards will be for the best essay of 1500 words and is open to UK resident apprentices, undergraduates and MSc students with submissions endorsed by their employer or institution. Marks will be awarded for knowledge of new and developing technologies and for innovative ideas, and for good presentation and style.
Awards will be made in two categories:
- Best essay by an apprentice
- Best essay by an undergraduate or MSc student
Entries should be in Word format and arrive by 30 November 2016, and be endorsed by a tutor, manager or other competent person
Entries and any questions to:- mailbox @its-uk.org.uk
Download flyer here
Picture shows Shane Luck, winner of the 2015 Student Award (centre)
ITS (UK) News
- 25/04/17 ITS (UK) group launched to channel professional thinking into MaaS market
- 13/04/17 ITS United Kingdom announces 2017 award winners
- 12/04/17 First Round of Essay Awards to Apprentices by ITS United Kingdom
- 24/02/17 Technology Guide launched to benefit local authorities
- 07/12/16 ITS United Kingdom sets up Capabilities Working Group
- 30/11/16 Chief Scientific Adviser leads workshop for ITS United Kingdom young professionals