A number of new businesses working on smart transport solutions such as the prediction of road accidents, managing autonomous vehicles, making it easier to park and using Blockchain to create an internet of mobility, are amongst a new cohort of businesses joining the UK’s Intelligent Mobility Accelerator.
The IM Accelerator is a partnership between ITS (UK) member the Transport Systems Catapult and Wayra UK, the world-leading start-up accelerator that is part of Telefónica Open Future_. The chosen businesses have been identified as having high growth potential and the Accelerator will support them to become world leaders in transport innovation.
The SMEs and Start-ups involved will be supported by a wide variety of high profile companies including Hyundai, Stagecoach and Ferrovial – who join existing supporters Network Rail and Thoughtworks.
The businesses taking part include:
- Predina Tech Ltd – Deep Learning to dynamically predict and prevent the risk of road accidents in real time, based on 28 sources of contextual data.
- ALBORA Technologies – Developing a fast, high-precision GNSS receiver which is low cost and low power.
- Appy Parking – The world’s first connected car and kerbside management platform that bridges the gap between big data, Traffic Management Order mapping, IoT and agnostic payments.
- IoMob – Building a blockchain-powered Internet of Mobility to permit seamless intermodal access to public and private mobility services in smart cities.
- Spark EV Technology Ltd – using machine learning to help electric vehicles go further between charges using live data from vehicle, driver and atmospherics.
- StreetDrone – Helps anyone developing self-driving tech, who wants to lower time/cost-to-market, by providing affordable hardware and scalable software.
- Dazzle Technologies Ltd – A natural language global ticketing platform, which work across voice, chat, apps and text, which travel operators can integrate into their systems.
- TravelAi Ltd – Bringing AI & next-gen data to any transportation stakeholder, by providing deep insights into customer journeys
- Delphisonic INC – Artificial Intelligence solution for railway operators to detect mechanical problems in advance to avoid derailments, accidents or overturns
- Unmanned Life – An autonomy-as-a-Service platform able to direct, coordinate and manage swarms of different types of robots including unmanned ground and aerial vehicles simultaneously.
Transport Systems Catapult Director -SME Strategy Alex Weedon said, “We are very excited to welcome such a diverse group of promising businesses to the IM Accelerator. We had a large number of quality applications which allowed our judges to choose a group which really represents the scope and ambition of the thriving SME and Start-up community currently working in transport in the UK. We’ll be aiming to put these businesses on the map globally and I believe we have a great group of partners for this intake to help them get there.”
Previous businesses who have graduated from the IM Accelerator include Cityswifter, Conigital, GoMetro, Drivernet, Safr, Synaptiv, Valerann and Zeelo.