ITS (UK) makes up to four annual Awards for excellence in ITS:
- The Rees Hills annual award for personal contribution
- The young ITS professional of the year award
- Scheme or product of the year award
- The Forward Thinking award for innovation
The awards are open to any organisation or individual with a UK business office and that has a significant UK ITS content. For this and other purposes, we identify ITS as the use of IT and communications technologies for surface transport applications.
The nominations will be judged by an eminent panel of ITS professionals representing the whole sector and chaired by ITS (UK) President and former Transport Minister, Steven Norris. The Panel Members are:-
- Dr Tom Cherrett, University of Southampton (invited)
- Jenny Jebson, Amey
- Lucy Yu, Department for Transport
- Kevin Borras, Thinking Highways Magazine
- Andy Graham, White Willow Consulting
- Steve Gooding, RAC Foundation (invited)
The award will be made by our President, Steven Norris, at the ITS (UK) Traffex Dinner at the NEC, Birmingham, on 4 April 2017.
Nominations are now welcome.
A nomination form is available here
The closing date for nominations is 23 February 2017
Picture shows one of the 2016 winners, Nathan Watt who won the Young Professional of the Year Award