Local Authority / Urban
ITS (UK) Members note - this is not the LAUIG Members page which carries agendas, presentations etc. That can be found in the Members Only area of the website
This group is for ITS (UK) members with an interest in urban and local transport matters.
The purpose of the Interest Group is as follows:
- To be a forum for ITS members with an interest in urban and local transport matters to meet, discuss their views, ideas and experiences and consider the uses and benefits of ITS in the urban environment.
- To be of value to Local Authorities, transport network operators, public transport operators, consultants, manufacturers, service providers and academics – all concerned with ITS in the urban environment
- To provide a focus for the development of good practice for ITS in the urban environment
- To provide a centre for the promotion of ITS and its funding to central government and providers of services
- To advise LAs, developers and others how ITS may be used to enhance their aims and objectives, and how a business case can be made for ITS implementation
Full details of this group can be downloaded here. The Group is led by Steve George, SGTI and Gavin Jackman, telent.
ITS (UK) News
- 24/02/17 Technology Guide launched to benefit local authorities
- 07/12/16 ITS United Kingdom sets up Capabilities Working Group
- 30/11/16 Chief Scientific Adviser leads workshop for ITS United Kingdom young professionals
- 14/10/16 ITS World Congress celebrates innovation in the industry, awarding Transurban the annual Diversity Award