ITS (UK) Members note - this is not the FIG Members page which carries agendas, presentations etc. That can be found in the Members Only area of the website.
To allow freight and logistics practitioners to access leading edge developments in telematics so as to illustrate what is or may be on offer, and to allow ITS members the opportunity to learn of the challenges and problems currently facing the logistics and freight industry.
Objectives of FIG:
- Promote existing and developing ITS technologies and services within the freight industry
- Identify future areas of research where ITS technologies might benefit specific freight
- operations (distribution, logistics, warehousing)
- Identify current problems within the freight sector which might be satisfied by ITS solutions
- Promote the dissemination of information and communication between ITS manufacturers
- and freight distributors to raise awareness about ITS benefits
- Review the potential impact of more general ITS applications on the freight industry
Full details of this group can be downloaded here. The Group is led by Steven Norris and Geoff Clarke (AECOM).
ITS (UK) News
- 13/04/17 ITS United Kingdom announces 2017 award winners
- 12/04/17 First Round of Essay Awards to Apprentices by ITS United Kingdom
- 24/02/17 Technology Guide launched to benefit local authorities
- 07/12/16 ITS United Kingdom sets up Capabilities Working Group
- 30/11/16 Chief Scientific Adviser leads workshop for ITS United Kingdom young professionals