FAQs for the ITS United Kingdom web site
1. What is ITS?
ITS stands for Intelligent Transport Systems and the term is used for all aspects of using information technology and telecommunications for transport applications.
2. What is ITS United Kingdom?
ITS United Kingdom (ITS (UK) for short) is the UK association for all who work in the field of ITS. Its aims are to work to increase the deployment of ITS solutions in the UK, and to promote UK ITS expertise abroad.
3. Who are the Members of ITS (UK)?
Membership is corporate, and member organisations include Government Departments such as the Department for Transport, the Highways Agency, local authorities such as Norfolk County Council and Transport for London, suppliers and consultants ranging from Mott MacDonald and Atkins to small specialised firms such as IDT Ltd and Ian Catling Consultancy, academic and research institutions including TRL and the leading UK universities, and other relevant organisations such as transport providers and police forces.
4. What activities does ITS (UK) undertake?
The Secretariat provides a news service to Members, answers queries, facilitates new contacts between Members, and undertakes representation abroad at events on behalf of the whole Membership. Seminars, specialised interest group meetings, conferences and workshops take place at the rate of at least two per month. ITS (UK) organises the UK pavilion at the annual World Congress, where Members can exhibit in a very cost-effective way, and arranges delegations and missions, both in- and out-ward. The ITS (UK) Secretariat is run in a responsive way and will always try to fulfil the wishes of Members.
5. What does it cost to be a Member?
Membership is corporate; all staff working for the Member organisation will be regarded as entitled to Membership benefits including attendance at events and the receipt of general or targeted mailings. Corporate Membership is £1350 per annum plus tax, or £800 plus tax for SMEs. Also available are Foundation Membership, which carries a seat on the Council (board) of the Society, and Associate Membership (for not-for-profit organisations and organisations without a UK base).
6. How do I find out more?
Email email@example.com and ask for the comprehensive ITS (UK) Information Pack.
ITS (UK) News
- 25/04/17 ITS (UK) group launched to channel professional thinking into MaaS market
- 13/04/17 ITS United Kingdom announces 2017 award winners
- 12/04/17 First Round of Essay Awards to Apprentices by ITS United Kingdom
- 24/02/17 Technology Guide launched to benefit local authorities
- 07/12/16 ITS United Kingdom sets up Capabilities Working Group
- 30/11/16 Chief Scientific Adviser leads workshop for ITS United Kingdom young professionals