- This event has passed.
ITS (UK) Public Transport Interest Group
Our Public Transport Interest Group, led by Hogia and AECOM, will next meet on 5 September.
The event is free to ITS (UK) Members and to directly employed staff of passenger representative organisations. You can book your place here https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/its-uk-public-transport-interest-group-tickets-34693142122
Other delegates are welcome on payment of a £40-00 + VAT fee. Contact mailbox@ its-uk.org.uk to arrange your attendance.
The event will be held at CIHT near Old Street in London. See here for draft agenda:
5 September 2017, 13.00 – 16.30, Crompton Rooms 3-4, CIHT, 119 Britannia Walk, London N1 7JE
Between the first and last mile – ITS for mass transit with buses, trams, trains and ferries
Mobility as a Service and automated vehicles have had a lot of coverage in our sector recently but mass transit remains the key to delivering affordable and efficient mobility in dense urban environments.
The meeting will start with registration and an informal lunch from 13.00, with the proceedings starting at approx. 13.30.
- Appropriate links between data sources such as smartcards, and conventional travel surveys such as NTS – Professor Peter White
- InnovateUK work on urban public transport – Karla Jakeman, Innovate UK
- The application of ITS to Island Ferry services and their role in providing a lifeline and MAAS capability – David Hytch
- Multi modal ferry / bus / train ITS with Red Funnel – speaker tbc, Hogia
- The Road to MaaS (Mobility as a Service) – Paul Everson, Trapeze
More to be added …