ITS (UK) Awards 2018 – NOMINATIONS NOW OPEN
As part of the ITS (UK) Summit, the ITS (UK) Awards returns for 2018 on the evening of Monday 26th November at the Bristol Harbour Hotel.
The first ITS United Kingdom Awards were made in connection with the 2006 ITS World Congress in London and every year since then, this awards program has been integral in acknowledging and valuing the importance of professional ITS expertise whilst raising awareness across all levels of government bodies and communities about the benefits and value of ITS technologies to our cities, economy, environment, transportation and everyday lives.
2018 Award Categories (see below for Award criteria)
- The Rees Hills annual award for personal contribution
- The young ITS professional of the year award
- UK Scheme or product of the year award
- The Forward-Thinking award for innovation
- Innovative App award for creativity and outward thinking
Eligibility: The award is open to any organisation with a UK business office and in relation to ITS that has a significant UK content.
The following criteria are intended to apply to people, organisations, products and services. The judges will look for clear and quantitative evidence of the criteria, but will also consider more qualitative evidence and will exercise personal judgement.
- Innovative –an innovative development bringing together various initiatives or technologies
- Well developed – past the “bright idea” and prototype stage and showing proven technology or business benefits
- Sustainable – durable and likely to have a lasting impact/benefit on ITS
- Transferable – capable of being transferred to other locations/applications
- Inter-operable – showing (or be capable of) integration with other ITS developments
- Impact – demonstrable beneficial effects (safety, environmental, congestion, economy, inclusiveness, publicity etc.) above that achievable without ITS
- Leadership – evidence of long-term commitment, leadership, and willingness to be involved
Applications welcome from –
The awards are open to any organisation or individual with a UK business office and that has a significant UK ITS content. We especially welcome applications from –
- Researchers, innovators and developers
- Government bodies and local authorities
- Young Professionals
How to apply
The deadline is set for Friday 19th October 2018.