- This event has passed.
ITS (UK) and CILT event on Environment and Sustainability
September 20, 2017 @ 10:30 am - 3:30 pm
The event will be a joint event between the CILT and ITS (UK). It will be hosted by Geoff Clarke, Chairman of the Environment & Sustainability Forum and Hon Sec of ITS (UK) Freight Interest Group. There will be a selection of speakers discussing alternative fuels and commercial road vehicles from various points of view, operational, manufacturing, policy and business. In addition there will be a chance to view a number of vehicles which incorporate the new technology.
• Catherine Weetman, FCILT, Vice-Chair of CILT Environment and Sustainability Forum and re-think solutions:
The changing landscape for road transport – clean and green
• Justin Laney, General Manager, Central Transport, John Lewis Partnership
Waitrose bio-gas project – results and learnings so far.
• Steve Tainton Group Energy Sustainability Manager, Wincanton plc
The multiple customer, multiple site perspective – the challenges of scaling up and making the business case
• Jim York, Market Applications Associate, Charge Auto. Transforming cities with elegant, efficient, environmentally friendly trucks, for the same price as a conventional vehicle – the story so far.
• Phil Cummins BSc (Hons), FSOE, FIRTE, Area Managing Director (Arriva North West) & Regional Engineering Director (Arriva North West & Wales). Will talk about 3 technologies (gas, electric & hybrid) and how they fit into Arriva’s Destination green agenda.
• Tony Cockcroft – Engineering Director, Stagecoach Merseyside, Cheshire and South Lancashire. Working in partnership with John Moores University on a project to convert waste water effluent to sustainable bio fuel. Will have our Euro 6 stop / start vehicles running on it shortly.
• Matthew O’Neill – Lead Air Quality Officer, Transport for Greater Manchester. Will give an insight into AQ issues in Greater Manchester and why, and then actions around the air quality action plan and alternative fuelled commercial vehicles
Book your place here